Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Jealousy??

I was thinking the other day...why do couples get so jealous of each other? I didn't think those couples existed past the age of 18. Shit, jealousy is for high schoolers and sometimes not even then! If you come to find yourself or your significant other constantly jealous and fighting with you...then you don't trust the other person or maybe even yourself. Does that make sense? Trust is the biggest factor in a relationship...so is communication with the other person. If you don't trust the other person, then why are you even with them? Just to be with someone? God, that's sad. You might need to check into your subconscious and find out what kind of mommy or daddy issues you have before trying to start a relationship with someone else. FIGURE OUT WHO YOU ARE BY YOURSELF BEFORE YOU FIGURE OUT WHO YOU ARE WITH SOMEONE ELSE AS A COUPLE! 
The reason why I feel the need to bitch about this topic is not a personal thing. My boyfriend and I fully trust each other and our communication skills can falter sometimes but most of the time we tell each other what's up with our feelings and whatnot. If there are some things I don't feel I can talk to him about, I go to my girlfriends or my sisters. It drives me insane when I'm out with a friend and their boyfriend or girlfriend is blowing up their phone when they know where they are and/or who they're with. Shit, I've done out of town before and stayed with two guy friends of mine that my boyfriend has never even met before. Did he become jealous or even ask questions? No. Because he trusts me and knows that I would never cheat on him...because we trust each other. We even know not to call each other that much when we're not with each other because we know that separation is healthy for couples and it's ok to be apart from one another and hang out with other people. If someone else happens to be flirting with us, we call each other to tell them about how funny it is. Especially if a guy is hitting on me at a party or bar cause we all know how guys can be in those situations...awful yet slightly entertaining. I told him about a good looking guy that hit on me at the Flying Saucer once, and he said "good, baby." He knows that's a self-esteem boost for me.  I'm just saying if people are in a jealous relationship...GET OUT OF IT! It's pointless. Again, I'm just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment